Winter sports reality TV show The Jump will be taking a “rest” in 2018, Channel 4 has said.
The broadcaster said the programme had been a “hugely successful brand”, but would not be shown at the same time as the Winter Olympics in South Korea.
The show sees celebrities take on challenges like speed skating and ski-jumping and has run for four seasons.
But 34 contestants, including actress Tina Hobley and Strictly Come Dancing star Ola Jordan, have been injured.
Jordan suffered a leg injury while former Coronation Street star actress Hobley broke her arm in two places.
There have also been injuries to:
- Former gymnast Beth Tweddle – broke two vertebrae in neck and had to have part of her hip removed
- Former swimmer Rebecca Adlington – dislocated shoulder
- Made in Chelsea star Mark-Francis Vandell – fractured ankle
- Former athlete Linford Christie – pulled hamstring
- Girls Aloud star Sarah Harding – injured ligament
- Model Heather Mills – knee and thumb injury
Made In Chelsea star Spencer Matthews was the latest winner of the show, which has been presented by Davina McCall.
A spokeswoman for Channel 4 said: “The Jump has been a hugely successful brand for Channel 4 over the last four years.
“However, with such a huge amount of winter sport on screen at the start of 2018 we have decided to rest the show for the year.”