Coronavirus: Five-year-old among latest UK victims


Breaking News image

A five-year-old child with underlying health conditions is among those who died with coronavirus over the past day, Cabinet Office Minister Michael Gove has said.

The latest figures show 4,313 people with the virus have now died in the UK – up by 708 on Friday’s figure.

Mr Gove said hundreds of ventilators were being manufactured every day and more had been sourced from abroad.

People have been warned to stay at home despite the warm weather this weekend.

Speaking alongside Mr Gove at the government’s daily briefing, NHS England medical director Stephen Powis said: “The sun might be out, but that does not mean you should be out.”

He said there is some evidence that social distancing measures are reducing transmission, and that the latest figures suggested new cases had begun to “stabilise”.

However, he stressed that there was “no room for complacency”.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *